This post was supposed to be another collection of links, but that will have to wait, as I just learned that ufologogist and fellow blogger Mac Tonnies has passed away. While I never met Mac, and maybe commented on his blog once or twice, nor am I all that obsessed with UFOs (being much more intrigued by the beings that reside in our imaginations than in the star systems), I have been following Mac's writings for six years now, since my brother first got me into blogging and pointed at Posthuman Blues as a site to follow. And it was.
The thing that always struck me about Mac (besides that he looked like an exact duplicate of a friend of mine), is that he exemplified that rare breed of person who has conviction in their obsessions, patience and curiosity for research, a balanced blend of believe and skepticism. In short, reading Posthuman Blues you knew this stuff was very important to him, and if you kept reading, his conviction would make it important to you too. I hope now that he's not stuck here Mac will find what he's looking for out in the beyond.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment